Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 6: It's a bird! It's a Plane! It's... a Helicopter

I made this large balloon helicopter for a little boy who was turning 4 last year. His father flew a helicopter, so understandably this kid was crazy about them.
The mom had requested that I make a helicopter cockpit large enough that her son could pose in it for pictures. I took it a step further and built the whole things big enough that he could run around in it and pretend he was flying it.
The mother told me that 2 weeks later it was still the only toy he was playing with from his party, nothing else had even been taken out of the package yet.
The helicopter was roughly 5 feet long by 4 feet tall. I had to build it in 3 separate parts so I could transport it to the party in my car and then assemble it there before the show.



I had to see if I could fit in the thing myself...I have to admit it was pretty cool.



That was a fun build.


See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment