Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 14: Zompocolypse

Day 14!
It's been two weeks of updates so far. This is good for me. Perhaps the daily update idea is working for me.
I know there have been a few late posts, but I'm doing my best to keep up with the challenge I set for myself.


Those of you that know me are well aware of my unhealthy obsession and irrational fear of Zombies.
Zombies are really the only monsters that scare me. I'm not bothered by many things actually, but for some reason a idea of a shambling corpse that wants to eat me alive really wigs me out.
Go figure.

I had the pleasure of doing some decorations right before Halloween for the North East Ohio Witches Ball.
The group was great, their event was a blast, and I was happy to help them with the decor.

Here is one of the pieces I built for them. They had a little cemetery built in one of the corners of the ballroom so I built them some fresh graves with zombie hands sticking out.



I confess that the design is not an original idea. I saw a picture of the same concept done by another very talented twister at some point and made a note to sit down and try it some day. I made mine smaller also, his was from 350's.

See you tomorrow.


(edit: I'm told that the twister that inspired this design goes by Stretch the Balloon Dude. I'm always happy to give credit where credit is due. If anyone reading this is in Stretch's area, check him out. He's great.)

No comments:

Post a Comment