Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 13: You want who now?

I'm sure many of you have encountered requests along these lines.
"Can you make Spongebob?"
"Can you make me an Optimus Prime?"
"Can you make a Batman?"

Once you get to the level when people are genuinely amazed by the quality of your work... To the point where they begin to realize that this can actually be an art form instead of just a way to distract their kids... That's when the hard requests start coming up a lot more often.

Not a gig goes by where I don't have to deal with the more complicated request. Sometimes you just don't have the time to make these characters because they simply take far to long to build.

Tonight I had one of my weekly kids nights, and it was a little slower than normal. Construction in the parking lot this week meant that I didn't have as many people coming in, and I was able to take my time with each table.

I respect the parents wishes that I not have any pictures of their kids posted on the site... so here is a picture of basically the same design I made tonight from a birthday party I did a few weeks back. There are a few minor differences, but they looked very much the same.



Sometimes it is nice to be able to take the time to stretch the creative muscles.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment