Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 143: Goldfish

It's the tasty snack that smiles back... until you but their heads off.


I've been working on my fish in a fish bowl over the last week. I  had a little girl ask me for one, and I have been thinking of ways to improve on it since.


The first problem I find I have, is I'm not 100% happy with the tiny fish itself. I think I'm going to need to spend some time on making it look more fish like.


The actual insertion into the clear balloon goes fine, I've been putting things into balloons for a while. (I'm even developing me routine for climbing inside a balloon myself.)


The last problem I'm dealing with is the problem of how to make it stay upright. For now I'm using Geo Blossoms as a base.


See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I saw a technique for a raisin twist that you could use to put an anchor at the very bottom of the balloon. If you aren't familiar with it - you take a bit of balloon into a little knot and put it in a balloon. You then squeeze the balloon around the 'raisin' and tie it off (externally) with a scrap balloon. This creates the anchor you could use to pull the bowl down through the geo.

    If you are needing additional weight to keep it upright, you could add a marble or glass bead to a scrap and use that scrap to tie down the bowl on the bottom of the geo. With it below the geo, it would be hidden and would add weight right in the middle of the ballon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm familiar with the raisin twist... I just didn't think to use it here because I was concerned about how it would look with the clear balloon bunched up at the bottom.
    I think it would work though.. and I like the marble idea.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete