Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 138-142: Catch Up.

I know I've been late with the last several posts. You've made yourself known. Things got crazy right after getting back from Las Vegas, and I've been trying to play catchup ever since.


I'm going to do a combined post today to make up for all the missed days that will include a bunch of pictures and will count for days 138-142.  This will make it easier for me to get them all up without having to open the new post editor over and over again and mess with the settings.


Things should be back to normal after this.


Day 138

I did manage to find an old picture of an octopus. This is from before I learned how to get the really tight spirals that I use for the legs.

I think this model has it's perks... It doesn't have all that much less character than the smaller version. This one is just more difficult to hand out and expect a person to handle walking around without whapping  everyone around them.

Day 139:

Here is the last Leprechaun design you should see for this year. I made so many of them this St. Patrick's season and in some many different sizes and designs that I've been trying to make sure that I'm not posting ones that look too similar.

I was experimenting with using a base to help make the lil' guy stand up on his own without my having to attach him to something on the counter.

Day 140:

Giraffe Hat. This is a hat design I'm fiddling around with lately trying to make improvements. I'm quite happy with my elephant hat (Which I don't think has been on the blog yet, so I'll have to remember to try to snap a picture of it.) And my Giraffe hat is the next most commonly asked for animal hat. I feel I still need to do some work on it, but it's getting there.


This is also a hat that is difficult to get a picture of because of it's height.


Day 141:

I've been working on building a bigger frog. This design is made from 640's and 350's. I like where the design is going, but I'm now trying to add a tongue to it so I can have it catching a fly.
There have been a few test builds, but I'm not 100% pleased with them yet.

You'll be the first to know when I've finalized the design.


Day 142:

Here is one of the times when I'll share my mistakes with you guys.

I have been asked for hedgehogs a lot lately, and as a result I've been trying to work on a new design for one. Here you see one of my attempts that I feel didn't quite hit the mark.

In my defense, up till now I've only ever been asked for Sonic the Hedgehog... so I've never had to think much about a more realistic looking version.

I'm never one to back down from a challenge though, so I'm sure you will see more versions of this little critter as it evolves.



Ok. Done.
That gets me all caught up again.

Tomorrow should resume with the normal daily posts since I'm back in Ohio and things are slowing down.
April is looking really busy for me, and July is nearly packed... this might mean I'll be late a few times, but it should also mean I'll have plenty of opportunities  to snap some pictures of new designs.


See you tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. That's a lot of ballooning :D Great work on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn you are amazing with balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome!

    bigunicorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I had a friend that made balloons for a living. He made me a toaster once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Very, very cool stuff. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to be sacred of people who did these when i was a kid lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. man, these are great! :D keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are SO crazy dude :D AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some of them are really quite awesome.

    ReplyDelete