Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 30: It's my BIRTHDAY!

Today (Dec 3rd) is my birthday... It was a kinda crazy, and I came home to discover my internet was down again.
Thanks for that present Cable Company. It's what I really wanted.


Today I will share with you some thoughts on making friends with your local media.
Below is a picture of me with local radio a personality. We were both at a car dealership for their 85th anniversary celebration, and hit it off well.

She posted this picture along with some others of my work at that event on the radio stations website, and I had more than one person tell me that they saw those pictures.

If you get the opportunity to work an event where local news of radio will also be there, take the time to introduce yourself. Make them something really spectacular so you can impress them, and possibly even get a small mention on their program. Be courteous, be professional, and you'll be surprised how well things can go for you.


See you tomorrow

1 comment: