Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 297: Balloon Jewlery

If you've been following my blog, you have seen a lot of different things that can be made from balloons.
For the most part the balloons are inflated and twisted into shapes, but there are a lot of things that can be made from un-inflated balloons as well.


Here is a selection of bracelets made from un-inflated balloon scraps.
I save my scraps anyway, because I often find uses for them when I'm building designs for people... but I accumulate a lot of scraps in a short amount of time.


When I sat down to start cutting the scraps into the proper lengths to make these bracelets I had a plastic grocery bag filled completely with scraps of all different colors... easily 3-4 pounds of balloon scraps.


This weekend is Labor Day weekend, and there is a local festival that I twist at every year. Last year I brought a dozen or so of these to the festival and they were a big hit. I wanted to bring a lot more this time to see if I can start a cool new fashion trend in the area.


I'll let you know how it goes.


See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. how do you make those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are made from stringing balloon scraps onto a 160 as the wrist band.
    Very easy and quite popular at some events.

    ReplyDelete