Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 162: Doppelganger

I had a blast making a larger than life balloon version of one of my favorite regulars for a private party they hired me for. I snapped a few pictures during the build process, I thought I'd share them with you.

Here is the head once it was nearly finished. I don't often have the chance to make the highly detailed heads for sculptures... It's always fun to puzzle out how to make it look like the subject.




Here is the figure at about 95% finished. I still needed to clean up all the extra bits sticking out and finalize what position I was going to pose him in... but this was as far as I wanted to go until got to the venue it was going to be set up at. I always save the final fixin's till I get on site if I can in case something pops or deflates while I'm in transit.







Here is the final head after I got everything all set up at the venue and cleaned up all the bits sticking out.










Here is the man I was trying to create a balloon doppelganger of. I think I did a good job of capturing the smoldering intensity of this nationally feared legal genius.




See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment