Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 260: 7 Min Contest

Today was the T Jam on the road stop that was closest to me. That is to say it was in Columbus, Ohio... a little under 3 hours away.


I haven't been to a balloon convention in years, and when I heard that Stretch the Balloon Dude was the featured instructor I simply had to attend.


There were 2 contests at the convention. The first was "Get it in the door" which had the contestants judged on whatever sculptures that they made before the contest, they could make anything they wanted... so long as they could get it through the door. 
I'll have my picture for that contest up tomorrow.


The other contest was "Under 7 Min" which means we had a 7 min time limit to make any sculpture we wanted.


This was my entry.


I admit I came down to the wire. The judge was counting down from 10 when I finished the piece. I'm still pleased with myself for making this whole thing in under 7 min.


In case you were wondering, I won the under 7 min contest.


See you tomorrow.

2 comments: